COVID-19 Penn Engineering Postdoctoral Information
To Penn Engineering Postdoctoral Researchers:
We are all seeking new means to interact virtually to make progress in our research and to support one another. If you have ideas or suggestions, please contact, Alicia Pickul, Executive Assistant to Senior Associate Dean.
Research: You and your postdoctoral research advisor should make plans to advance your projects. These typically include regular virtual research interactions and ways to interact virtually with your group mates and your collaborators.
Health and Wellness: Telemedicine is available via OnDemand (215-615-2222). In an effort to reduce potential exposure, the carriers and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) are recommending the use of Telemedicine services. You may access Penn Medicine’s Virtual Care Telemedicine Practice Connecting Penn Medicine employees and University employees with Penn Medicine providers, 24/7/365. The highlights of eligibility are below:
- Open to the public, any patient with any insurance plan, normally a $49 fee-for-service. This fee will be waived under Penn Medicine’s COVID-19 community health initiative for anyone who works on Penn Medicine campuses, regardless of their insurance plan, including University faculty and staff. This applies to all Penn Plans, PennCare PPO, Aetna POS II, Keystone/AmeriHealth Health Plan, Aetna HDHP and Aetna POS Standard.
- Patients 14 years or older who are located in PA, NJ, DE, MD. For patients under 14, parents or guardians are urged to contact the child’s healthcare provider.
- Practice is staffed by full-time CRNPs
- Provides medical advice, short-term care prescriptions, and scheduling collaboration with Penn Medicine primary care teams
- Connect via PennChart’s audio-video “facetime” technology using the MyPennMedicine (MPM) app, downloaded from the Apple or Google store
- Self-schedule 20-minute virtual appointments via MPM or call us for help downloading the MPM app Visit us at www.PennMedicine.org/OnDemand
Mental Health through Penn postdoc health insurance (Aetna Directory) and via Penn Behavioral Health; follow instructions on this page. If you encounter hurdles, contact Josie Rook (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mary Anne Timmins.